Happy New Year! Did you know that 2018 is the Year of the Dog? While you probably thought about some habits you would like to change or goals you would like to achieve for yourself this year, did you also consider any for your dog? On PetMD, Dr. Jessica Vogelsang offers the following ideas to improve the health and happiness of your pet this year. Scoopy Doo’s goal for 2018 is to continue to provide the most affordable and reputable dog waste removal service in Longmont!
5 Resolutions for Dog Owners in 2018
- Measure their food– With 50% of pets in the U.S. classified as overweight, using a measuring cup to give your pet only the recommended amount will ensure they stay at a healthy weight. Puzzle feeders are a great tool to keep your dog entertained while regulating their treat intake!
- Try a new activity– Have you heard of doga or skijoring? Both are fun and healthy ways to enjoy time with your pet while you both get some good exercise in! Meet-up groups are another way to fit in physical activity and socializing for both you and Fido!
- Don’t skip their annual– Yearly veterinary exams are important at every stage of your dog’s life but especially as they age because common issues such as arthritis and diabetes are easier to manage when caught early.
- Groom them regularly– Brushing your pooch helps keep fur off your clothes and couch, keeps their coat shiny and is a relaxing activity that shows them how much you care for them. Address their oral hygiene as well with water additives, tartar-reducing treats, and the best method- brushing.
- Teach them a new trick– It’s just not true that you can’t teach an old dog new tricks! In fact, the opposite is really the best advice- studies show that mental stimulation helps reduce cognitive decline in senior animals.
While we think all the above suggestions are great, we also would like to add a 6th:
Hire a pooper scooper– To enjoy more quality time with your pet and ensure their health as well as your family’s, contracting out dog waste removal is an excellent use of your time and money!
Scoopy Doo’s of Longmont has a long-standing reputation in the community for reliable and affordable dog waste removal service- call us today to check off an easy new year’s resolution!